BARIKOT: Barikot was an important village in the Aba Khel (Kuz Sulizai) section of Baezais in 1895. It consisted of 400 houses and was about 9 miles above Thana on the left Bank of the Swat River. Water was then used from a stream. A path leads from here up the valley to the south via Natmera and Nawagai over the Karakar pass to Ligianai and Jower, Buner. This was the easiest pass into Buner at that time. The hamlet of Natmera belongs to this village as well.
BAR THANA: Bar Thana was a village of 80 houses on the left bank of the Harnawai stream in the Shamizai section of Khwazazais.
BASHKELA: Bashkela was a hamlet containing 80 houses of tenant servants belonging to Bar Durshakhela in the Shamizai area, Upper Swat. It is situated on the skirts of the hills, north-west of Durshakhela. Water was then utilized from a spring.
BIAKAND: Biakand was a village of 20 houses in the hills on the right bank of the Harnawai stream in Upper Swat. It belonged to the Sebujni section of Khwazazais and is situated on their side of the Barkand pass.
BIAKAND PASS: Biakand Pass was a pass leading over the hills from the valley of the Nikpi Khel to the Sebujni territory in the Harnawai valley in Upper Swat. This pass was then only fit for horsemen. Standing at the top of the Aingaro Ziarat or Ghakhe Banda pass (between the Nikbi Khels and Adinznis), one can have a look straight across the Nikpi Khel valley to the Biakand pass, a depression in the hills which seems about 6 or 7 miles off. The top of the ‘kotal’ formed the boundary between Nikpi Khels and the Sebujni.
BIHA: Biha was a village of 40 houses in Upper Swat belonging to the Sebujni of section of Khwazazais. It is situated on the right bank of the Harnawai stream high up the valley.
BINORAI: Binorai was a village of the Jinki Khel section of Baezais. It consists of 60 houses situated on the left bank of the Swat River at a point, where it is joined by a stream from the east and opposite the Shamizai village of Landai. The inhabitants were closely connected with those of Paitai, and belong to the Ali Khel sub-division.
BUDIGRAM: Budigram was a Shamizai village of about 100 houses and situated on the right bank of the Swat River. It is about two miles above the junction of the Harnawai stream.
REFERENCE (SOURCE OF INFORMATION):
‘Gazetteer of Districts Adjoining the routes followed by Chitral Relief Force 1895’, Included As Part II with the title, ‘Gazetteer of Topographical and Ethnographical Information’, In ‘The ‘Military Report on Dir, Swat and Bajour’, (First Edition), Intelligence Branch , Division of the Chief of Staff, India, Shimla (1906), Pages 22-34.
To Be Continued…