CHACHU DERAI (Now Shah Derai): Chachu Derai was a village of 20 houses in Upper Swat situated on the left bank of the Nikpi Khel stream. They belong to the Aba Khel sub division of the section.
CHALIAR: Chaliar was a village 60 houses situated on the left bank of the Swat River. It belonged to the Azzi Khel section of Baezais. It Malaks in 1895 were Kas and Bakas (These names though may appears weird for the readers).
CHAM: Cham was a village of 40 houses of Miangans situated on the left bank of the River Swat in Upper Swat, at a short distance above Charbagh. It is in the ‘tappa’ of the Jinki Khel section of Baizais.
CHAM: (Cham Garai) Cham was a Torwal village of 62 houses, about 6 miles above Baranial in Swat Kohistan and 56 miles from Chakdara. Mullah Mehr Ali lived here in 1895 and he commanded more respect than any other mullah in Kohistan and he was practically also the Malak of this village.
CHAM: Cham was a Miangan village of 25 houses situated on the skirt of the hills in the Sebujni ‘tappa’, half a mile north of Sambat and in the valley of the Harnawai stream. There were two portions of the village known as Bar Cham and kuz Cham, respectively.
CHAMTALAI: Chamtalai was a village of 60 houses on the east side of the valley in Upper Swat. It is situated in a valley of Chaliar and belonged to the Azzi Khel section of Baezais. Water was utilized from a spring.
CHARBAGH: Charbagh was a village of the Bahlol Khel Maturizai section of Baezais. It is situated on the left bank of the Swat River about 24 miles above Chakdara, on the north side of the village was a dry ‘nula’. It contained 600 houses and was one of the most important villages of Upper Swat and was also one of the few villages where there was a market (in 1895). Its Malaks in 1895 were Kalu Khan, Mir Afzal Khan and Saloh Khan.
CHARELA: Charela was a ‘banda’ of the Shamozai village of Zarakhela that consisted of 40 houses situated at the upper (north) end of the valley under the hills.
CHARMA: Charma was a village of 40 houses in Upper Swat situated at the extreme upper end of Harnawai valley. The inhabitants belonged to the Sebujni section of Khwazazais.
CHINDAKHOR OR CHINDAKH KHWAR (Now Kabal), ELEVATION. 3,250: Chindakhor consisted of two hundred and fifty houses. It was one of the most important villages of the Aba Khel branch of the Nikbi Khel. It is situated about a mile from the Swat River and one and half miles from the right bank of the Deolai stream which formed the boundary at this point between the Aba Khel and Asha Khel. Water was utilized from springs. Its Malaks in 1895 were Nasar Khan and Bahram Khan.
CHITO (Chitor): Chitor was a hamlet of 15 houses of Sayyids, situated in the Saidu valley in the Aba Khel tappa on the left bank of the Swat river .Water was used from a stream.
CHODGRAM (ELEV.5,700): Chodgram was a Torwal village in Swat-Kohistan of 35 houses. Its Malak in 1895 was Sarmast.
CHUNGAI (Elev. 2,800): Chungai was a Shamozai village of 150 houses situated on the right bank of the Swat River and about three miles east of the Adinzai village of Ramora. The inhabitants belonged to the Bazid Khel. The headmen in 1895were Abdul Ghafar, Firuz Khan and Sardar Khan. Formerly Khazana was a ‘banda’ occupied by the servants of this village, but now Pathans live there (referring to 1895).
CHUPARIAL: Chuprail was a village of 400 houses in Upper Swat on the east side of the valley. It is situated on the left bank of the Harnavai stream and belonged to the Shamizai section of Khwazazais.
CHURARAI OR CHOWARAI (Now Madyan): Churarai comprised of two villages in the Jinki Khel ‘tappa’ of the Baezai tribe at the extreme north end of Upper Swat and on the left bank of the Swat River. In all there were about 150 houses of Miangans. Water is obtained from a stream which flowed from the east.