NIKBI KHEL (Now Nikpi Khel): Nikpi Khel is a powerful section of the Khwazazai, Akozai, Yusufzais. The leading man among the Nikpi Khels in 1897 was Yusuf Khan (Asha Khel). The Nikpi Khel in 1895 could produce 2,500 fighting men into the field, out of a total population of about 11,000.
NILBAN: Nilban was village In Upper Swat and belonged to the Sebujni section of Khwazazais.
NIMOGRAM: Nimogram was a small Shamozai hamlet that consisted of a few houses in 1895. It was then a sort of outpost, and was shared by all the Shamozai villages.
NINGOLAI (Now Nigwalai): Ningolai was a village that in 1895 belonged to the Asha Khel branch of the Nikpi Khels and contained about 100 houses. Beyond (north) of this village a spur from the hills to the west came down to the river edge that formed the boundary between the Nikpi Khels and the Sebujni.
PAITAI (Now Fatehpur): Paitai was an important village of the Jinki Khel section of Baezais. It consisted of 260 houses situated on the left bank of the Swat River opposite the Shamizai village of Kalakot. The ‘bandas’ of Jarai, Jareh and Tutan were included in the ‘daftar/dawtar’ of Paitai and Binaorai, which was on the opposite bank of the stream. Habibullah Khan of Patai was one of the leading Khans of Upper Swat in 1895.
PAJIGRAM (Now Panjigram): Pajigram was a village of the Barat Khel (Babuzai) section of Baezais and situated on the skirt of the hills on the left bank of the Swat River. It had some eighty houses and the Malak of Pajigram in 1895 was Galeh Khan.
PAKIRA: Pakira was a village of twenty houses on the east side of the valley in Upper Swat. It belonged to the Azzi Khel section of Baezais.
PARLAI (PARALAI): Parlai was a village about 150 houses in 1895, situated on the right bank of the Swat River. It was in a bay of the hills shut in on both sides by under-features from the Swegalai spur. This bit of ground though situated in the lower portion of the Nikpi Khel (Khwazazai) ‘tappa’ but was included in the ‘daftar/dawtar’ of the Aba Khels (Baezai) of Barikot on the other side of the river. The Headmen of Parlai in 1895 were Abdur Rahim and Umra Khan.
PIR KILLA (Now Pir Kalay): Pir Killa was a village of 30 or 40 houses situated on the right bank of the Harnawai stream in the Sebujni ‘tappa’. It was occupied by Miangans and its headman in 1895 was Harun Pacha.
PIYA: Piya was a village of 60 houses near the limits of Upper Swat on the left bank of the Swat River. It belonged to the Jinki Khel section of Baezais.
PUSHTUNAI: Pushtunai was a village of 80 houses (in 1895) in Upper Swat situated high up the valley on the right bank of the Harnawai stream. The inhabitants belonged to the Sebujni section of Khwazazais.
Gazetteer of Districts Adjoining the routes followed by Chitral Relief Force 1895’, Included As Part II with the title, ‘Gazetteer of Topographical and Ethnographical Information’, In ‘The ‘Military Report on Dir, Swat and Bajour’, (First Edition), Intelligence Branch , Division of the Chief of Staff, India, Shimla (1906), Pages 145-153.
TO BE CONTINUED…