TRANSLATION OF A MURASILA FROM THE POLITICAL AGENT, DIR, SWAT, AND CHITRAL, to the NAWAB OF DIR AND MIAN GUL SAHIB (new WALI OF SWAT), dated the 20th June 1922.
(THE ADINZAI AGREEMENT)
As the continuance of hostilities in Adinzai between the forces of Dir and Swat is contrary to Government interests and the tranquility of the Chitral road, Government has decided that they must cease. I am desired by the Chief Commissioner to issue the following instructions to both parties:
1. Both sides should withdraw their armed forces from Adinzai before 15th July and in future neither side should send lashkars into Adinzai or across Adinzai.
2. The Mian Gul Sahib should withdraw all officials and property from Adinzai before 15th July on which date hukumat in Adinzai will be resumed by the Nawab Sahib as before.
3. In like manner the Nawab Sahib should withdraw all armed forces and officials from Upper Swat by 15th
4. For the future of Nawab Sahib will send no lashkar against the tribes of the right or western bank, viz, Shamozai, Nikpi Khel, Sobujni and Shamizai unless the majority of those tribes express their desire to come under the Government of the Nawab of Dir.
5. Should this happen the Nawab should send no lashkar without first obtaining written permission of the Political Agent.
6. In the event of above two conditions, viz, No.4 and 5, being fulfilled the Nawab should not attempt to interfere on the left or eastern bank unless and until the tribes of that bank interfere in the shape of lashkar on the right or western bank.
7. The Nawab Sahib should maintain a good and just Government in Adinzai.
8. The Nawab Sahib should not interfere with the immovable property of the Mian Gul Sahib in Adinzai.
The terms of above instructions have been communicated verbally to you and the other party this morning in the presence of Colonel Steward my successor, and I now confirm them in writing. I am leaving today and commit you to the care of God and shall always be glad to learn of your welfare.
SOURCE OF INFORMATION (REFERENCE):
A COLLECTION OF TREATIES, ENGAGEMENTS AND SANADS (VOUME XI), Compiled by C.U. Aitchison, Dehli: Mangar of Publications, 1933, Pages 437-438.