I, Muhammad Sharif Khan, Nawab of Dir, hereby promise that in future I will not commit aggression on, nor interfere in any way with, any tribes or people beyond the present boundaries of my country. I also promise that in case of any disputes between me and my heirs and any of the tribes adjoining my present boundaries, I will be guided by and will act in accordance with the advice and orders of the Indian Government through the Political Agent, Dir, Swat and Chitral, for the time being. The present boundaries of my territory are as below:
1. With Chitral the crest of the Lowari range and the watershed as fixed by Government – of course as regards the grazing right with Chitral, the arrangements made by the Political Agent in accordance with the old rights will hold good.
2. Trepaman Takura crest and ilanai with Bajaur and Utman Khels in accordance with the settlement come to between me and the Khan of Nawagai.
3. Jandarai Sar the watershed of the Panjkora and the boundary of the Shamezai to the point marking the boundary between Terat and Barnial with Kohistan.
4. The bank of the Swat river with Swat.
5. My boundary with the Amir of Kabul is that which has been fixed and determined by Government.
I hereby set my seal to this agreement so that it may serve as a sanad in future on this 17th day of Rajab, 1316, Hijri.
MUHAMMAD SHARIF KHAN,
Nawab of Dir.
SOURCE OF INFORMATION (REFERENCE):
A COLLECTION OF TREATIES, ENGAGEMENTS AND SANADS (VOUME XI), Compiled by C.U. Aitchison, Dehli: Managar of Publications, 1933, Page 432