1. We agree that in future we will be friendly to the Government and will when called upon to do so send our representatives to visit the Political Agent and discuss our affairs with him.
2. We will not permit the agents of the Mehtar of Chitral, the Nawab of Dir or the Wali of Swat to visit our country without the permission of the Government.
3. We will in future enter into no negotiations for the cutting or sale of timber from our forests without first obtaining the sanction of the Political Agent. If any such contract is arranged we will submit it for the sanction of the Government before any felling operations are commenced.
4. We will permit forest officers dispatched by Government to visit and inspect our forests and to mark trees for cutting in accordance with a proper plan. We will guarantee their safety and offer them no hindrance in their work.
5. The Government of India will use their influence to prevent all neighbouring Chiefs, who are recognized by and receive allowances from the Government from encroaching upon the independence of the tribes of the Garwi Tract of Swat Kohistan either by force of arms or by intrigues with the factions among those tribes.
Dated 7th April 1928.
(Here follow thumb impressions of Jirgas of Kalam, Ushu, Utrot and Haryani)
Political Agent, Malakand.
2nd May 1928.
SOURCE OF INFORMATION (REFERENCE):
A COLLECTION OF TREATIES, ENGAGEMENTS AND SANADS RELATING TO INDIA AND NEIGHBORING COUNTRIES, (VOLUME XI), (Revised and Continued upto 1929, Compiled by C.U. Aitchison, Mittal Publications, Dehli, Reprinted in 1983, Pages 452-453.